Sunday 14 June 2009

Pressures of Memory...



"...investingating where one surface ends and another begins, the bloom of adornment, and how shifting exteriors reveal as they conceal." - Ariana Page Russell

I am in love with this image by Ariana Page Russell. It reminds me of all those scrawled messages that are written onto your hands so you don't forget them. But before you have a chance to remember they're even there, they've been washed off or smudged beyond recognition. Plus, whenever there's a not on your hand there's always someone who comments on how bad it is for your health, but there never stops us, within hours we've forgotten that warning and scrawled something new on our hands. But when I saw this picture I thought of it as all those messages making a permanent impression on the skin of all those things you've forgotten..."a body becomes an index of passing time."

It would be handy given my poor short term memory.

No comments: